Weiss Schwarz has very specific structure to its booster packs, and a booster box contains reliable patterns (unlike some TCGs that have very random boosters). I've gathered those patterns here.
Each booster pack (except in Extra sets; more on that later) has 8 cards:
- 1 Climax
- 1 in 5 packs will have a Climax Rare
- A booster box (20 packs) will always have 1 of each of the 4 Climax Rares in that set.
- 4 out of 5 will have a Climax Common
- A booster box will always have 2 of each of the 8 Climax Commons in that set.
- 1 Rare or higher
- SP – Special – A signed foil, or in older sets, a foil Climax.
- 1 in 160 packs. A carton of 16 boxes will always have 2.
- RRR – Triple Rare – A foil rare, often with alternate art.
- 1 in 80. A carton will always have 4.
- SR – Special Rare – A foil rare, with normal art.
- 1 in 32. A carton will have 10, and each box will have 1 of SR, SP, or RRR
- RR – Double Rare – A foil card, different than cards than Rares.
- 1 in 5. A booster box will always have 4: 1 of each color.
- R – Rare
- 3 out of 4 packs will have a regular rare. A box will have 15 different rares.
- *Note that some sets are a bit different, since some don’t have any of certain rarities.
- 2 Uncommons
- 4 Commons
- 2 foils (just foil versions of the normal cards)
- Either 1 Rare and 1 Common or 2 Commons
- 1 non-foil Rare
- 4 or 5 non-foil Commons.
- There are no SP, RRR, SR, or RR cards in Extra Sets
Any pack will never have 2 copies of the same card.